1. Two (2) samples should be collected at each sample location in 1 liter high density polyethylene (HDPE) sample bottles.
Label each bottle with the following information: Sample Location, Date, Time, Unit Load (MW), and sample number.
stream should be flowing for at least 6 hours prior to sampling except during unit startup when this is not practical. Continuous
sample flow is preferred.
4. Rinse sample bottle by completely filling with sample water and emptying bottle 2 times.
Rinse bottle cap with sample water.
6. Fill sample bottle until it is overflowing.
7. Tightly cap sample bottle so
that there is little or no air in the bottle.
8. Properly label sample bottle using a permanent marker.
9. Refrigerate samples
until ready for analysis or shipment to laboratory. Shipment to an outside laboratory should be made via overnight delivery.